- Where the owner of a motor vehicle dies, the person succeeding to the possession of the vehicle may for a period of three months, use the vehicles as if it has been transferred to him where such person has, within thirty days of the death of the owner informs the registering authority of the occurrence of the death of the owner and of his own intention to use the vehicle.
- The person referred to in sub-rule(1) shall apply in Form 31 within the period of three months to the said registering authority for the transfer of ownership of the vehicle in his name accompanied by:-
- The appropriate fee as specified in rule 81:
- The death certificate in relation to the registered owner
- The certificate of registration and
- The certificate of insurance